There are many fashion brands that existed in the past or still exist in the market. Somehow these fashion brands can't keep up after few years of their launch due to competitions, awards, fashion trends and many more.
All this is considered the oldest luxury fashion brand in the modern world.
One brand comes out in a year and that brand may come out after some time, another brand comes out and this list goes on. These older luxury fashion brands have managed to shape their fashion or business model in such a way that fashion trends change every year, month or decades.
older fashion brands
- 10. Givenchy (1952)
- 9. Dior (1946)
- 8. Nina Ricci (1932)
- 7. Fendi (1925)
- 6. Gucci (1921)
- 5. Prada (1913)
- Channel 4 (1909)
- 3. Burberry (1856)
- 2. Louis Vuitton (1854)
- 1. Hermes (1837)
As for the luxury brands in the world, Louis Vuitton is the fourth largest luxury brand in the world, coming after Gucci.
The famous luxury fashion brand Louis Vuitton has been around since 1854 for about 167 years. Where Gucci has consistently offered significant products since 1909, almost 111 years.
These 10 oldest luxury fashion brands would be around for years, even into the future.
The 10 oldest luxury fashion brands in the world:
10. Givenchy (1952)
- Founded by Hubert de Givenchy and Javani Robert Duffy in 1952 (aged 68)
- Headquarters: Paris, France
Givenchy is a luxury fashion brand founded in 1952. Givenchy is a French fashion brand and is currently headquartered in Paris, France. He is interested in a wide range of products, including haute couture clothing, cosmetics, perfumes, shoes and much more.
Givenchy (The House of Givenchy) was founded by a fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy and Javani Robert Duffy. In 1952 they launched their first products, including puffed skirts and blouses made from raw cotton.
In 1969, Givenchy launched a menswear line called Gentleman Givenchy. Since then it has been growing. It is now 2020. Givenchy is known as one of the oldest luxury fashion brands in the world.
Its cosmetic products are considered to be some of the best.
Its operations are spread across Europe, which accounts for 42 percent of its business, China owns 18 percent of its operations, Asia Pacific 14 percent, the Americas 12 percent, the Middle East 7 percent and Japan 4 percent, and the rest of the world 3 percent of its total operations.
Facts about the founder of Givenchy: Givenchy Hubert de Givenchy:
- He never wanted to work in the fashion industry.
- Givenchy Hubert de Givenchy was raised by his grandmother and mother because his father died of the flu.
9. Dior (1946)
- Founded by Christian Dior 1946 (74 years old)
- Headquarters: Paris, France
Dior is a French fashion brand founded in 1946 by French fashion designer Christian Dior. Today it is controlled by French businessman Bernard Arnault, who is also the chairman of Dior with a 42.36% stake.
Dior distributes and designs products such as leather goods (bags, clothing), shoes, fashion accessories, jewelry, makeup, fragrances, make-up, skin care products and much more. Dior is one of the oldest and most well-known fashion brands in the world.
Dior has almost more than 210 stores in more than 60 countries around the world. Dior employs a total of 84,981 people worldwide. Dior was financially supported by a wealthy businessmanMarcel Bousac1947. Then, in 1981, Bernard Arnault bought the majority of his shares to become the majority shareholder of Dior.
Some facts about Christian Dior:
- He was a firm believer in psychics and would visit one to decide what would be the best day to show off his latest collection.
- She named one of her first fragrances "Miss Dior" after her younger sister Catherine.
8. Nina Ricci (1932)
- It was founded in 1932 by Maria "Nina" Ricci and has been in existence for 88 years.
- Headquarters: Paris, France
Founded in 1932, Nina Ricci ranks eighth on our list of the oldest clothing brands in the world. The company was founded in 1932 by Nina Ricci and her son and has consistently provided significant assets since 1932. After starting her company, Nina Ricci worked on designs while her son worked in the company's finance and administration department. It has consistently offered significant assets since 1909 (111 years).
Nina Ricci offers products including her famous fragrances, shoes, simply designed clothing and much more. One of their famous products is their perfume calledthe air of time.
Their famous brand is still around today due to their high quality product lines over the years. Nina Ricci's majority shares currently belong to the Spanish beauty and fashion group.Puig.
Some facts about Nina Ricci:
- Nina Ricci's son, Robert Ricci, is just as responsible for the success of the Nina Ricci company as Nina herself, since she initially worked as an accountant.
- Ninna Ricci is one of the oldest perfume brands and also one of the oldest luxury fashion brands.
7. Fendi (1925)
- Founded by Adele and Edoardo, Fendi has consistently provided meaningful products since 1925 (95 years).
- Property:Rome, Italy
Another luxury fashion company in Bernard Arnault's LVMH group is Fendi. Fendi is an Italian fashion brand founded by Adele and Edoardo Fend. Originally it was a fur and leather shop in Rome, Italy.
His current interests lie in a wide range of products including leather clothing, shoes, leather goods, fragrances, watches, eyewear and accessories.
Fendi currently operates 197 stores around the world. It's been here for 94 years so it'll be part of our list ofoldest luxury brands in the world.
- Karl Lagerfeld, who was one of the best designers in the world, worked with Fendi for about 54 years.
- Fendi has the first "IS" If
6. Gucci (1921)
- It was founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921 and has been in existence for 99 years.
- Property:Tuscany, Italy
Another world famous luxury fashion brand based in Italy, Gucci is sixth on our list. Gucci was founded by Guccio Gucci in 1921, 99 years ago. It is currently owned by the Kering Group.
Gucci is second on the list of the single luxury brands in the world for 2019, followed by Porsche. Where Gucci ranks fourth on our list of the 10 oldest luxury fashion brands.
It constantly offers significant products such as clothing, shoes, accessories, makeup, fragrances, bags and home decor.
As of 2020, Gucci operates 487 stores worldwide employing 17,157 people. With a turnover of 9,628 million euros (2019), it was one of the top-grossing companies of the year.
Facts about Gucci:
- The famous Gucci double G logo represents Guccio Gucci, the founder of Gucci.
- They first started with the production of high-quality leather luggage.
- Guccio Gucci personally ran the brand until his death in 1953.
- In percentage terms, Gucci is considered one of the most well-known luxury brands and also one of the oldest luxury brands in the world.
5. Prada (1913)
- Founded by Mario Prada and Martin Prada In 1913 it was 107 years old
- Property:Milan, Italy
Another Italian brand, Prada, makes our list of the oldest luxury fashion brands in the world.
Prada was founded in 1913 by Mario Prada and his brother Martino, more than 100 years have passed but Prada still holds an honorable place in the field of fashion.
Mario Prada started his brand selling only leather clothing. Initially they sold English leather clothing from other companies but after a while they took over and started making their own leather clothing.
Its first famous product was a Niolon bag in 1985 and then it became a world famous company. Prada offers products such as travel accessories, clothing, leather bags, shoes, ready-to-wear, perfumes and other accessories.
Gucci is undoubtedly one of the most popularolder designer brandsin 2022 with millions of followers on social networks.
Worth knowing about Prada:
- The success of Prada's black nylon backpacks made Miuccia Prada one of the 30 Most Powerful Women of the Time.
- Prada is one of the oldest fashion and fragrance brands in the world. Prada is considered to be one of the oldest luxury fashion brands in the world as they have been offering products for 107 years and their respectable products never compromise the quality of the products.
Channel 4 (1909)
- Started by Gabrielle Chanel it prdelivers since 1909 (111 years)
- Property:Neuilly-sur-Seine, France and London, United Kingdom
Chanel (founded as the House of Chanel) is one of theoldest fashion brandthe one founded by Gabrielle Chanel in 1909.
Channel opened his first shop while making hats in French. The product base includes ready-to-wear, luxury goods, accessories, fragrances, perfumes and handbags. Channel is one of the oldest fashion brands in the world that is currently doing well in the fashion industry.
As of 2020, Chanel operates 487 stores around the world. And they have managed to reach the whole world with their lucrative business model. It was one of the highest earnings of 2019.
Some facts about Prada:
- Gabrielle Chanel initially started the company selling leather hats.
- Gabrielle Chanel was one of the first people to create elegant and comfortable clothing.
3. Burberry (1856)
- Based in England, Burberry was founded by Thomes Burberry.It has been here for 164 years.
- Property:London, United Kingdom
Burberry is a luxury brand based in England. Burberry was founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry. Burberry's product list includes leather goods, shoes, fashion accessories, cosmetics, eyewear, fragrances and cosmetics, and the list goes on.
Burberry products are considered some of the best in the world when it comes to fashion. It has stores at a total of 421 locations in 59 countries and employs around 9,892 people.
Burberry ranks third on our list of the 10 oldest luxury fashion brands and is just one of themolder designer brandsFrom England.
Some fascinating facts about one of theoldest fashion brandBurberry:
- Burberry founder Thomas Burberry invented the famous gabardine clothing
- The Burberry Foundation has awarded the Royal College of Art £3m to set up the Burberry Materials Futures Research Group for R&D.
2. Louis Vuitton (1854)
- The world famous brand Lois Vuitton was started by Louis Vuitton. 1854. It has been here for 167 years.
- Property:Paris, France
One of the oldest and most well-known luxury fashion brands in the world was founded by Louis Vuitton in 1854Louis Vuitton.
Louis Vuitton established itself in France and secured second place on our list. He is interested in a wide range of products including haute couture clothing, watches, jewellery, sunglasses, cosmetics, perfumes, shoes and much more.
It is considered the world's leading fashion brand as it is ranked 3rd in the list of world luxury brands (not the oldest luxury fashion brands) in the world, followed by Porsche and Gucci.
The company operates more than 460 branches worldwide with 121,289 employees. It's been around for over 166 years and ranks second on our list of the 10 oldest luxury fashion brands.
All Louis Vuitton bags are made by hand.
Some fascinating facts about Louis Vuitton:
- All Louis Vuitton bags are made by hand. The company said it takes about a week to create a package of bags with one person.
- You will never find Louis Vuitton at a discount as they have not sold their products at discount prices until now.
1. Hermes (1837)
- Founded by Thierry Hermès has consistently delivered significant goods since 1837 (183 years old)
- Property:Paris, France
Another safe French brand takes the top spot on our listolder luxury brandsin the world. Hermes was founded in 1837 by Thierry Hermès.
Hermes offers products such as leather, home furnishings, perfumes, jewellery, ready-to-wear, watches, fragrances and much more.
After World War I, Hermes began manufacturing leather goods such as bags, wallets, hats and suitcases.
Since 1992, Hermes has also been producing fragrances, clothing, costumes and much more.
some data aboutthe oldest clothing brandHermes:
- Hermes Fashion is one of the first luxury brands to start selling online and is now considered one of the oldest luxury fashion brands.
- Hermes is currently selling a silk scarf every 20 seconds!
- Famous Hermes customers like Madonna, Kim Kardashian, Elle MacPherson, Victoria Beckham, Julianne Moore, Nicole Kidman and many more celebrities.
So these are all the older luxury fashion brands that managed to make their image as the luxury brands of the world. Many of these luxury brands specialize in handbags.20 popular luxury handbag brandsto learn more about luxury brands.
Other luxury brands that are still popular
Some of the other older luxury brands that are still popular are Balenciaga founded in 1919, Bvlgari founded in 1884, Cartier 175 years ago in 1847, Valentino founded in 1960 and the list goes on with older luxury brands.
By now our list may consist of some notable luxury watchmakers like Rolex (1905), Patek Philippe (1839), Omega (1848) and many more. all theseclassic luxury brandsYou have managed to earn a special place in the world of luxury.
FAQ: Older luxury brands that are still in business
Which luxury brand is the oldest?
Hermes. The most popular is the French luxury fashion house Hermès, founded in 1837oldest luxury brandstill in operation with its rich heritage and successful craftsmanship.
The Hermes Birkin bag is the most valuable designer bag to invest in and can cost up to 10% of its original price every year.
Which came first Chanel or Gucci?
Chanel was founded in 1909 while Gucci was founded in 1921 so there is a 12 year difference. Both currently have special places in the world of luxury fashion.
What is the top 1 luxury brand?
When it comes to overall standings, Gucci has undoubtedly secured its place at the top of the ultimate luxury brand rankings.
What is the oldest fashion company?
Brooks Brothers. Founded in 1818, Brooks Brothers was America's first fashion brand still in business today. .
Is Celine a luxury brand?
Yes, Céline is a France-based luxury fashion brand, founded in 1945 and currently owned by a luxury group of companies.LVMH.
So, these luxury brands have managed to gain a foothold in the world of luxury fashion. To compete for competitive minds, they regularly change their trading strategies in lucrative ways.
In addition, these 10 brands are the oldest and most active fashion brands. In 2022. Most of these older luxury brands were founded by fashion designers. Currently theoldest living fashion designerIt's Iris apple. She is currently 100 years old.
- Top 10 Oldest Luxury Watch Brands
Hermès! The French fashion house is the world's oldest luxury brand still in operation today. It was established in 1837 by Thierry Hermès.What is the top 10 luxury brand? ›
- Louis Vuitton.
Brooks Brothers, founded in Manhattan, New York, in 1818, is the oldest apparel brand in continuous operation in America. Originally a family business, Brooks Brothers produces clothing for men, women and children, as well as home furnishings.What is the oldest American luxury brand? ›
The "Open the Window" collection display at the Mark Cross store. Mark Cross is America's oldest luxury brand — founded 176 years ago, to be precise — and yet shows no signs of fatigue.What is the number 1 luxury brand? ›
Omega Louis Vuitton Hermès Cartier Porsche Coco Chanel oldest luxury brands.What are the top 10 brand clothes in world? ›
The top 10 clothing brands in the world based on their brand value ranking in 2022 are Nike, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel, Adidas, Hermès, Zara, H&M, Cartier and UNIQLO.What is the hottest luxury brand? ›
The top 15 most popular luxury brands online.
Fastest growing luxury brands worldwide between 2018 and 2021, based on CAGR.
|Characteristic||Compound annual growth rate|
|LVMH Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton SE||17.5%|
Chanel has existed as a design company since 1909, and its logo has changed little since then. Gucci is a little younger, having been founded in 1921, though its logo has more frequently been seen as simply: "GUCCI." Who is to blame for the logo mishap?
Conclusion: Both brands are old and respected not only in their countries but in the world as well. However, Hermes is more than 70 years older than Chanel.What is the most famous luxury clothing brand? ›
- Louis Vuitton.
- Ralph Lauren. ...
- Giorgio Armani. ...
- Yves Saint Laurent. ...
- Prada. ...
- Chanel. ...
- Versace. ...
- Christian Dior. ...
- Louis Vuitton. Initially known for their luxury luggage trunks and other leather goods, this famous French brand was established by Louis Vuitton in 1854.